Terms & Conditions
The British Schools Karting Championship (BSKC) is designed to allow school and college students across the UK to participate in competitive kart racing. It is open to students of all karting ability. The BSKC has 4 corner stones that the rules are built on:
- 1. The BSKC is safe
- 2. The BSKC is fair
- 3. The BSKC is fun
- 4. The BSKC is competitive
- The person who registers teams entry in to the BSKC 2020 shall be known as the Captain.
- The Captain is responsible for ensuring that the terms and conditions below are understood and adhered to by all competitors.
- The Captain is responsible for ensuring that the BSKC Rules are understood and adhered to by all competitors.
- The Captain is responsible for ensuring that all competitors who are under 18 have the written permission to race in the championship from their parents or guardians.
- Entry in to the Championship is only provisionally confirmed when a booking number has been generated.
- Entry in to the Championship will only then be confirmed on receipt of cleared payment via credit card or cheque
Discounts and Special Offers
- From time to time the Championship will offer discounts and offers. In order to be eligible for a discount the team(s) must be fully registered, including cleared payment, by the expiry date of the discount. Where a discount requires a number of teams to be registered to activate the discount all teams must be paid by the expiry date. If the school/college then cancels a team the total discount may be removed before any refund is generated.
Cancellations & Refunds
- Except in exceptional circumstances refunds will not be given even if a school decides not to participate at an event for whatever reason.
- Karting, including indoor karting, can be affected by adverse weather conditions (ice, snow, fog, excessive condensation). If it is felt that it would be dangerous to run an event your event may be postponed.
- TeamSport Indoor Karting reserve the right to cancel or reschedule any event at any time for whatever reason. In such circumstances a full refund will be given.
Drivers & Safety concerns
- Drivers must be aged between 13 and 18 years old as of 1st January 2020. Certain exceptions are contained within the Rules
- All drivers must attend the same school, college or educational institution.
- Drivers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a guardian or parent. A member of staff or parent may act as the guardian for all drivers under the age of 18. In such circumstances written permission to participate in the BSKC must have been sought from the legal parent / guardian of each child.
- All drivers must be at least 1.57m (5ft 2in) height (with shoes on). Any driver that doesn't meet the minimum height will be refused permission to participate and no refund will be given.
- All drivers must sign in at the hosting circuit. No one will be allowed to participate in the event without signing in.
- All drivers must attend the briefing session at every event.
- All drivers must obey and adhere to the rules and regulations of the hosting circuit.
- Drivers that are late such that they miss any part of the briefing will not be allowed to participate in the event. In such circumstances no refund will be given.Any driver deemed not to be obeying the rules and regulations may be prohibited from further racing and / or excluded from the championship.
- All drivers are required to wear shoes and clothing appropriate to the activity of karting.
- The consumption of alcohol prior to an event is strictly prohibited. Anyone deemed under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate and no refund will be given.
Contact the British Schools Karting Championship on:
Tel: 01252 978780